Owls ar birds within the order Strigiformes. There ar two hundred species, and that they ar all birds of prey. Most of them ar solitary and nocturnal; of course, they're the sole massive cluster of birds that hunt at midnight. Owls ar specialists at night-time looking. They take advantage of tiny mammals like rodents, insects, and different birds, and some species prefer to eat fish yet.
As a group, owls ar terribly booming. they're found all told components of the planet except continent, most of Greenland, and a few different tiny islands.
There ar 2 families of owls: actuality owls and also the barn owls:
True owls: the family Strigidae (185 species in twenty five genera)
Barn owls: the Tytonidae. This contains the genus Tyto, particularly hooter, with its several sub-species. The genus Pholidus has solely a handful of species, referred to as bay-owls. Hunts in the main by sound.
Owls in culture
Mythology and stories that embody owls are:
● The owl is the symbol of the Greek goddess Athena (Minerva to the Romans)
● Nursery rhyme- "The wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he heard, the less he spoke."
● Poem by Tennyson- "The wise owl in the belfry sits..."
● "Wol" is a character from the Winnie the Pooh books by A. A. Milne
● Owls carry the mail in the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling